EDGEMORE™ Loft — Full-Color Concrete Overlay with Micro Topping
EDGEMORE™ Loft is a pre-pigmented, seamless, trowel-grade concrete overlay. It is designed to be installed without staining. The color you install with the trowel coat is the color it will be. The EDGEMORE™ Loft overlay can mimic the look of tile or marble with the application of two micro-toppings. This extremely sturdy concrete flooring option is a great pick for both home and commercial construction.
Features & Benefits
- An affordable alternative to replacing concrete floors due to pop-outs, cracks, discoloration, or other damage
- Levels out small inconsistencies in floor surface
- EDGEMORE™ Loft’s full-color overlay is durable, long-lasting, and doesn’t chip, peel, or fade
- The overlay makes the floor strong and resistant to foot traffic, UV rays, and water.
- It is customizable and can be textured to mimic tile, natural stone, brick, and more.
- Requires a prepared foundation for application
Where to Use EDGEMORE™
- Restaurants and Bars
- Commercial Kitchens
1. Apply the Bond Coat
- You must first install the bond coat if you want to give your floors a grout pattern. The selected grout color should be applied as the bond coat. The majority of bond coatings are made to be applied to damp flooring.
- The bond coat mixture’s square foot ratio differs across manufacturers. Look for directions on the bag. Bond coatings are typically placed at a ratio of 250–300 square feet for each bag.
- As soon as you have the right amount of water in your mixing container, add the selected colorant and stir it in. Mix in the overlay after that. For the majority of flooring, two bond coatings are advised for optimum adhesion.
2. Install Micro Toppings
- The majority of micro-topping bag mixtures are made to be used on dry floors. Micro-toppings typically have a spread ratio of 300 to 400 square feet per bag. Before applying, don’t be afraid to double-check the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Fill the container with the appropriate amount of water, then combine the selected colorant and the overlay.
- To prevent the product from thickening too quickly after mixing, divide the slurry into two five-gallon buckets. The ideal method for applying micro-topping is with a steel trowel.
- Apply the product in quantities the size of a basketball on the floor and trowel it out in various directions to get rid of the rainbow appearance that a typical concrete finish produces. Alternately, you can spread the substance out randomly around the floor to get rid of the arch appearance. With a micro-topping finish, maintaining a wet line is not a concern.
- Apply a second coat of micro-topping after the floor has dried completely, following the desired floor’s colorant ratio.
3. Sanding the EDGEMORE™ Loft Floor
- To level out the high places left by the trowel, sand the edges using a palm sander and 80-100 grit sandpaper. To reduce dust, it is advisable to use a palm sander that can be connected to a HEPA vacuum.
- After completing the edges, sand the high points on the floor using a 17-inch swing machine equipped with 100 grit and 120 grit sanding screens, black scrubbing pads, and a vacuum port.
- Use a broom with fine bristles to sweep up the dust. Re-sanding the floor using the sanding screen is the next step. The floor will begin to take on a bright sheen in this stage.
- When you’ve got the desired effect, sweep the floor with a broom with fine bristles before vacuuming it with a wand with a brush attachment. By using the brush attachment, vacuum markings on the floor are avoided.
4. Sealing the Floor
- Water-based sealer
- Urethane (water-based or solvent-based)
- Water-based epoxy
- Or 100% solid epoxy
EDGEMORE Loft Service Areas
Our Spring Hill, TN location is convenient to most cities in Tennessee state, and we have worked with contractors in those areas’ surrounding cities and neighborhoods as well. We provide flooring products to all nearby cities including:
- Oak Hill
- Belle Meade
- Forrest Hills
Full-Color Concrete Overlay FAQ
Concrete overlays are an affordable way to give your floors a makeover. Instead of replacing old, cracked, or discolored concrete, concrete overlays are an excellent way to give them new life. Overlays made of concrete can last as long as your concrete floor.
This can vary based on the job at hand. This product can be spread thinner than 1/4" and up to 2 1/2" thick. You can do a thicker overlay if you have a rough foundation surface.
When properly installed and maintained, EDGEMORE™ Loft can last for more than 25 years.