Benefits of Using PRECISE Epoxy Flake Flooring
PRECISE flooring solutions offer a lot of benefits. Some of them include:
- PRECISE Flake is available in a variety of colors, textures and blends
- PRECISE Flake is available in multiple chip sizes (1”, ½”, ¼”, ⅛”, etc.)
- You can custom design your blends to get the design that’s perfect for your floor
- Provides superior abrasion, and is resistant to UV and chemicals
- Germs, moisture and dirt are not collected on your floor
- Makes your floor easier to maintain
- Reduces foot-traffic noise
Uses of PRECISE Epoxy Flake Flooring
- Home Garages
- Automotive Centers and Showrooms
- Retail Shops
- Sports Complexes
- Convention Centers
Instructions for Use
PRECISE Flake flooring solutions can be easily used by experienced contractors. Hire a contractor to apply the flooring product, or it would make a great DIY project for anyone by following these simple instructions:
- Cure concrete. The concrete you apply the flooring product should be cured for at least 30 days and there should be no internal moisture.
- Remove all contaminants. All contaminants, like dust, stains, etc. should be removed from the floor. If there are any cracks, they should be filled to match the main surface.
- Apply base coat. A clear or tinted base coat of Epoxy should be applied to the floor.
- Broadcast flakes. Begin to broadcast flakes by throwing them into the air so they’ll disperse evenly. Do this while the base coat is still soft and tacky. Divide the flakes evenly if you plan to do the flakes in sections. This will help to ensure even dispersion of the flakes.
- Remove loose chips. Scrape off chips that appear to be irregular and sweep them away or vacuum them up.
- Apply top coat. Apply and spread out a single layer of the protective topcoat with a squeegee. This will add texture to a heavily flaked floor. A second coat will create a smoother surface.
PRECISE Epoxy Flooring Supplier in Nashville
FAQ About PRECISE Flake Epoxy Flooring
How long does a PRECISE™ Flake epoxy coating last?
Our epoxy flake coatings can last up to 30 years with proper care and maintenance in residential spaces. However, for commercial and industrial floors that receive heavy vehicular and foot traffic, this duration reduces depending on use.
What are PRECISE™ Flakes made of?
PRECISE™ Flakes are specially formulated paint aggregates that are made of resin materials, organic minerals, pigments, additives, and fillers.
How much epoxy flakes do I need?
This will depend on how much of the floor you want to cover in flakes. A full 100% broadcast floor means you want the flakes to cover 100% of the floor. If you want to DIY your epoxy flake floor, for a 100% broadcast epoxy flake floor, you need PRECISE™ Flakes amounting to your square footage divided by 5. For a 1000 square feet floor area, you need 200 pounds of PRECISE™ Flakes. However, for an experienced professional, this amount should be square footage divided by 6.